Exams are slowly creeping up as we approach the end of the semester. Everyone is frantically trying to pull their grades back up by spending hours or days in the library trying to memorize a whole course in less than 2 weeks.

The only way to keep yourself from breaking down and focus on your studies is the smell and taste of coffee and speciality drinks at Starbucks located at the first floor of the library. The only downfall is the long lineups that goes out the door and precious time is wasted because it takes up to 15 minutes to get your order. And as we all know, 15 minutes can be the life or death of a semester.

Here is a guide that will help you determine when to go to Starbucks to grab yourself a coffee and avoid the lineups.

Morning (8:30 am – 12:00 pm)

Starbucks

Photo by Jenisha Patel

Avoiding the morning rush is a must during exam seasons. Everyone is annoyed and cranky because they have to wake up so early to rush to the library and try to fight for a seats. The lineups are long during the first two hours when the library opens, but it will soon die down around 10-11 am when everyone has settled in the library.

I would recommend grabbing a blonde roast coffee or any light roast because there is more caffeine which can help wake you up and get to studying.

#SpoonTip: Make your own coffee in the morning and bring it with you to the library to avoid the lineups.

Afternoon (1:00 pm – 5:00 pm)

Starbucks

Photo Courtesy of moneysavingmadness.com

Lineups in the afternoon fluctuates constantly and can be unpredictable since everyone has different schedules. Avoid lining up during the beginning of the afternoon because that is when everyone comes to grab a snack or the morning people come down to grab a second coffee. The best times to go is during 2-4 pm.

I would recommend purchasing any of their teas or refreshers since they have a little bit of caffeine and great for an afternoon drink that is low-calories to help you recharge.

#SpoonTip: Start lining up before students get out of class to avoid the sudden rush.  For example, classes usually end 1:20, 1:50, 2:20, etc, so start lining up at 1:15, 1:45, 2:15, etc.

Evening (6:00 pm – 9:00 pm)

Starbucks

Photo Courtesy of mashable.com

By the time it hits 6 pm, many students will start to head home for dinner or they have given up on studying and will try again the next day. The lineups during these times are quite normal and there isn’t that much waiting time. This is the best time to get your drink before you head home to study some more and relax from a stressful day.

After pulling in long hours, why not indulge in a Frappuccino to reward yourself. Starbucks has a lot of selections of different Frappucino on the menu or you can create your own through their secret menu.

#SpoonTip: If you plan to stay longer, buy your drink before Starbucks closes because even though the library extended their hours, Starbucks still closes around 9 pm.