Ok, I know what you’re thinking. The last thing you want to do when you’re tired and drunk at 2 am is go back home and cook when you could just order pizza or wings from the nearest fast food place. But do you really want to wait in long lines to indulge in fried and processed foods that you will only regret in the morning? What if you could go home and use the food you already have to make something you won’t regret in the morning? Yeah, that’s right. Not to mention you’re saving money, and as broke college students, who doesn’t want that?

1. Egg and Cheese Sandwich

Drunchies

Photo by Jade Hsiao

Eggs take less than 5 minutes to make, and require only salt and pepper to season. The best part is, they contain large amounts of cysteine which help your body absorb alcohol’s leftover toxins, helping to prevent a rough hangover the next day. Melt cheese on top of your egg, and put it in between two slices of bread, bagel, or English muffin for a quick and delicious late night snack. Feel free to add other ingredients you have on hand at the moment like bacon, avocado, or hot sauce! For more ideas, try one of these egg sandwiches or power breakfast recipes.

2. Cheese Quesadilla

Drunchies

Photo by Emily Hu

There is nothing easier or faster than making a cheese quesadilla. Add in whatever cheese you have on hand (if you’re making a plain quesadilla, shredded cheddar, mozzarella, and/or monterey jack work best). Again, you can get creative with this by using other ingredients you happen to have lying around like chicken or tomatoes. You could also make something fancy like an apple, goat cheese and honey quesadilla or a pizzadilla (yep, you heard that right. It’s a pizza and quesadilla combined), if you happen to have those foods in your kitchen. For more ideas, check out these quick and easy recipes. 

3. Avocado Egg Toast

Drunchies

Photo by Emily Hu

This is not only a great breakfast option but also makes for a great snack after going out. This is also super quick and easy to make. Add in some lemon juice, red pepper flakes, or other spices to your mashed avocado for an extra kick. For more detailed instructions on cooking this bad boy, check out this recipe and this tutorial on how to poach an egg in a microwave.

4. Pizza

Drunchies

Photo by Emily Hu

Sounds long and complicated right? Actually, it’s not. You can use ingredients like pita or tortilla as a crust. If you want to get creative, try a broccoli flatbreadMediterranean, or a veggie pesto pizza. Again, it depends on what you have on hand in your kitchen, but it pays to get creative.

5. Nachos

Drunchies

Photo by Maddy Piacentini

You might need a little more patience for this one, depending on how well your toaster oven or convection oven works. But the nice part about nachos is that you just have to wait for the cheese to finish melting. Shredded cheese works best here, as it doesn’t take as long to melt. Some other ingredients to add should you have them are beans, salsa, sour cream, or guac. For more ideas, check out this veggie nacho recipe and this list of 24 must-try nacho recipes.

6. Grilled Cheese

Drunchies

Photo by Emily Hu

Who doesn’t crave buttery bread and cheese after a night full of sugary drinks? It’s so incredibly easy to butter up two slices of bread and melt cheese in between them. Again, feel free to get creative with adding other ingredients inside like tomato, bacon, or potato chips.

7. Popcorn

Drunchies

Photo by Alina Polishuk

Don’t just settle for any old bag of popcorn. There are so many easy ways to flavor popcorn. Add some Parmesan, butter, and rosemary to a bag to kick up the flavor a notch or go the sweet route with some sugar and butter. If you’re feeling fancy, bake popcorn tossed in whatever cheese you have on hand at 350°F for 3 minutes to get in some cheesy action. For more ideas, check out these TV show-themed popcorn recipes and 21 ways to pimp out your popcorn.

8. Bagel Bites

Drunchies

Photo by Sarah Adler

Now I’m not talking about the frozen kind here. Fresh bagel bites are just as easy to make but contain none of the preservatives that frozen ones do. Spread tomato sauce on one half of a bagel. Sprinkle cheese (mozzarella works best here), on top and then cut into quarters. (Or use mini bagels if you have them on hand.) Pop it into the oven at 350 °F for 5-10 minutes, and they’re done! Easy peasy. If you’re feeling extra healthy, you could try making zucchini pepperoni bites. Or if you’re not feeling pizza bagels, you could also go for mini bagel sliders. The options are endless.