So, yes, it might take a whole extra $2.75 for a subway ride or about forty minutes of walking to get down to 72nd St. a.k.a. the nearest Trader Joe’s. But trust me: it’s worth it and here’s 8 reasons why:

1. The Trader Joe’s Brand

GIF courtesy of wallflourgirl.com

Where else will I get my frozen rainbow mini-macarons and cookie butter from?

2. …and their prepared foods in particular make it a college kids’ haven.

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

Me when I see their frozen foods aisle: frozen beef tacos to fresh butternut squash wheatberry salads, they’ve got you covered.

3. Though TJ’s prices aren’t actually the same nationwide as many people think, it’s still generally cheaper than MoWi or Westside.

GIF courtesy of shylabeef.tumblr.com

Westside and Morton Williams sell LUNA bars for $2 a pop. Trader Joe’s sells ‘em for $1 each.

4. SIZE MATTERS (and variety)

GIF courtesy of disney.tumblr.com

At the 72nd St. TJ’s, it’s a whole new world.  There are two-stories full of fresh produce and healthy, and not-so healthy pre-packaged foods (and amazing coffee cakes and chocolate and so many pumpkin-y autumnal foods … sorry for my drooling). Sorry, Morton Williams and Westside, but you sorta look like supply closets in comparison.

5. Free. Samples.

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

Samples on samples on samples.

6. It was just voted America’s favorite grocery store. Again.

7. You mean I can try out these cookies before I buy them?

8. And it’s just nice to get off campus from time to time, am I right?

Sometimes you just want to not be around all the other college students stressing about their midterms and get out into the real world.