If you’re anything like me, you probably live for dessert. In all honesty, sometimes it’s better than the actual meal itself. However, like most good things in life, eating cookies, cake, or ice cream after every meal is not the best habit to keep.

That being said, depriving yourself of delicious sweets can make you more likely to binge later on. A balanced diet that includes healthy treats is not only satisfying, but it can also boost your mood and give you a natural energy kick. Here are 7 easy ways to swap out your typical dessert for something a little lighter.

1. Chocolate Avocado Pudding

dessert

Photo by Katherine Baker

Don’t be scared.  Hearing the words “chocolate” and “avocado” in the same sentence seems wrong, but trust me, this decadent treat is not only heart healthy, but totally satisfy any chocolate lover. Simply blend half an avocado with cocoa powder and any natural sweetener you like and chill for 30 minutes. Try adding vanilla extract if you like a little more sweetness. Enjoy with fresh fruit or shredded coconut.

2. “Apple Pie” with Cinnamon

dessert

Photo by Ally Mark

Craving Grandma’s homemade apple pie? Simply microwave your favorite apple variety with sprinkled cinnamon and crumbled graham crackers for a satisfying dessert that won’t sacrifice your figure.

#SpoonTip: Sub apples for peaches for a treat with a southern twist.

3. Frozen Greek Yogurt with Fresh Fruit

dessert

Photo by Leigh Needham

This is a super easy dessert for any ice cream fanatic. Low in sugar and high in protein, greek yogurt is a super food that you should definitely incorporate into your daily diet. Try freezing it overnight and topping with fresh mango, raspberries and granola.

4. Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites

dessert

Photo by Sean Koetting

Join the obsession with dark chocolate. It’s the guilty pleasure you don’t have to feel too guilty about. Spread a teaspoon of protein packed peanut butter in between slices of banana and dip in melted dark chocolate. Freeze overnight and enjoy the following day.

5. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

dessert

Photo by Zoe Holland

Did you know you can bake without flour, sugar, or oil by using bananas? This cookie recipe has three ingredients: a banana, half a cup of oats, and whatever add ins you can think of. I suggest dark chocolate chips, dried fruit, or crunchy peanut butter. Or try these banana chocolate chip cookies instead.

6. Peanut Butter Apple Nachos

dessert

Photo courtesy of thepinjunkie.com

Melted. Peanut Butter. Heat up peanut butter in the microwave for about 45 seconds and drizzle over apples or any other fruit of your choosing. Topping are totally up to you, but I suggest dark chocolate chips (you probably saw that coming or sliced almonds.

7. Edible Cookie Dough

dessert

Photo by Hannah Giardina

If you’re the type of person that eats the whole roll of toll house cookie dough before you even bake it, this recipe is for you. It’s also gluten-free, making it totally guilt free.