Bake sales, fundraisers, parties and everything in-between seem to have a common theme: bring homemade baked goods! But no one has time to whip up a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies 24/7. Luckily for us, there are ways to make store-bought baked goods look homemade with a few easy steps.

1. Use Your Own Plate

Using your own fancy plate is a good way to trick everyone into thinking that your baked goods are homemade. No one will credit you for doing the baking if they see grocery store packaging. A decorative plate goes a long way and fools everyone that you were in the kitchen all day baking like Martha Stewart!

2. Decorate With Icing

Decorating store-bought cookies or cupcakes with icing and sprinkles brings a simple homemade touch! The best part is that the icing can be store-bought as well. All you have to do is slather some icing onto the dessert of your choice and dip it in sprinkles. This is super easy to do, and everyone's eyes will be pleased!

3. Use Chocolate

Dipping different desserts into chocolate gives a touch of elegance that says you put in a lot of effort. The great thing about chocolate is that it can cover anything sweet! Your store-bought brownies and biscotti will look like a million bucks with a little drizzle here and there.

4. Cut Them Up

Cutting up store-bought cereal bars, cake, and cheesecake into tiny squares and putting them in wrappers will make it seem as if you did all the hard labor. Decorating these squares with a dollop of icing or dusting of powdered sugar will also add extra pizazz to make you the envy of every party.

5. Think Outside the Box

Being creative and utilizing what's around you is the best way to make something bought from the grocery store (perhaps at the last minute) look homemade.

A baked good does not have to be the most extravagant thing in the world to appear homemade. Most people want baked goods that are sincere from the heart. Any effort you put into making store-bought baked goods look homemade will likely be praised in some way, so give yourself a pat on the back and absorb all the glory!