If you're trying to cutback on your soda intake, try a flavored water. I promise, it's not boring. Detox waters have recently become all the rage, and two of the reasons they’re so popular is that 1) they're delicious and 2) they are so darn easy to make. They are a great way to dress up your everyday water and stay hydrated. Here are some of my favorite recipes:

1. For the Love of Lemons Detox Water

herb, sweet, lemon, tea
Bess Pearson

What You'll Need: lemon wedges, 1 tbsp. of maple syrup, hot water and a dash of cayenne pepper

Directions: Squeeze lemon wedges over hot water and mix in 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and sprinkle a dash of cayenne pepper on top. Stir and detox away.

This detox is great for cranking up your metabolism, bolstering your immune system, and regulating your body. You can also do a simple detox with just lemon and water each morning. Drinking this with a straw will decrease the potential for enamel and tooth decay.

2. Fizzy Fruit Detox Water

citrus, sweet, juice
Bess Pearson

What You'll Need: soda water, orange slices, lemon wedges (or lime), strawberries (optional)

Directions: Mix all ingredients together and enjoy.

This detox is great is super refreshing to drink after a good workout or just a long morning. The great thing about this detox recipe is that you can use virtually any fruit you can get your hands on. Citrus is great because it boosts your immune system and strawberries are fortified with antioxidants.

3. Refreshing Cucumber Detox Water

vegetable, cocktail, lemon, ice, cucumber, mint, juice, sweet
Bess Pearson

What You'll Need: water, sliced cucumber, lemon wedges and mint

Directions: Mix all ingredients together.

This is my favorite detox water, simply because it is so easy and always leaves you feeling incredibly refreshed and energetic. Lemons are great for your immune system, mint revitalizes your senses, and the vitamin C in cucumbers promote skin health. It’s a win-win, in my opinion.

4. Green Dream Detox Water

pickled cucumber, cucumber, vegetable
Bess Pearson

What You'll Need: water, cucumber slices, mint

This recipe is almost identical to the previous, but with one important distinction. If you have weak enamel, the acidity of lemons can be very upsetting. Simply eliminate them from your drink and you are still left with a delicious concoction.

5. Energizing Grapefruit Detox Water

juice, sweet
Bess Pearson

What You'll Need: water, half a grapefruit (sliced)

Directions: I recommend grabbing a grapefruit the night before and leaving it to sit in a glass of water in your fridge overnight so you can reap the full benefits of this super fruit.

This is a great water to start your day with. Grapefruit is especially good for improving the health of your skin and heart.

Turning to soda when you're thirsty might seem refreshing, except that's about all it is. There really aren't any benefits of sharing a Coke. Use these detox recipes to amp of the benefits and flavor of your water and you'll never reach for a soda again. OK, so maybe that's a stretch, but you'll definitely drink more water.