Navigating the Rat’s menu to catch your favorites can be frustrating. This article is a compiled guide to the Rat’s secret menu. Hopefully, after reading this post, you will never be without a go-to option again! These little known hacks will blow your mind and your stomach with easy steps and great-tasting products.
First rule of the trade: the waffle maker and peanut butter are your best friends.
1. Peanut Butter & Jelly Waffle
Peanut Butter & Jelly with a twist to brighten your day and ease your appetite. Start out by making your waffle per the usual directions. Once you have toasted your waffle to perfection, layer the PB & J to your liking. Spice it up with some bananas, honey, or cinnamon, and you are good to go. Pro Tip: This is great for those days when you don’t have time to have a sit down meal. Just fold the waffle in half and get moving to class!
2. Ice Cream SandwichThe ice cream bar, while fantastic, is unmistakably missing the best Monday blues cure of all time: the ice cream sandwich. But guess what, Rhodents? I’m here to solve that. First, grab two of the Rat’s signature chocolate chip cookies. Next, scope out the ice cream bar for the flavor of your choice. Then, scoop on to the cookies and add condiments as you see fit (I suggest cereal or chocolate syrup). To take it to the next level, put the sandwich in the waffle maker for a hot sec to meet the cookie softness quota that is necessary.
3. MochaGive your morning a spruce with this twist to your average Rat coffee. Start by filling up a cup with the coffee of your choice. Next, add a dash of chocolate milk to give your coffee that extra kick of good-tasting morning magic. The Rat occasionally puts hot chocolate powder near the drink station, which is also a great tasting addition to your coffee to get that mocha flavor.
4. Parfait PerfectionMake a parfait using your favorites and the easiest recipe ever! Grab a bowl and fill it with the desired amount of yogurt. Next, add in what you wish and mix. Some favorites are fruit or granola. The real key to success, however, is taking the Rat’s muffin of the day and crumbling it in the yogurt for extra flavor and texture (go for the Apple-Cinanamon scones for parfait gold).
5. Coke FloatsTake dessert at the Rat to the next level with this Coke Float hack. Add the ice cream of your choice to a glass of Coke, mix, and enjoy. A personal favorite of mine is vanilla, but you can never go wrong with cookies and cream.
6. Omelet SundaysOn Sundays, the Rat serves omelets all day. I repeat: ALL DAY. Walk, don’t run, fellow omelet lovers. This is perfect for those Sunday mornings when you just can’t seem to roll out of bed early enough to make breakfast. The options never end at the omelet station, so customize to your liking and thank me later.
7. Granola Galore
The granola station is your key to an easy morning meal. Add a banana, peanut butter, cinnamon, and more. Or add the granola to your oatmeal. There is nothing like a healthy breakfast after that morning workout to start off the day!
8. Cheesy FriesNothing can beat Huey’s amazing cheese fries, but we sure can try. Everyone has gotten that insane craving for cheese fries but didn’t have the time or money to act on it. Now you have a Rat solution to the tragedy that problem ensues. Take the fries from the Grill and add cheese from the sandwich station. Next, heat the masterpiece in the microwave (located in the area behind the waffle makers) to reach the optimal amount of delish.
9. Pasta Salad
Can’t decide between a salad or pasta? Here is your solution. Order the whole wheat pasta from the pasta station. Next, add your favorite veggies from the salad bar (and cheese is a given). Top it off with Italian dressing to complete your pasta salad masterpiece.
10. Makeshift Apple PieApple pie is one thing that I am always craving. The Rat hack to get a taste of your grandma’s apple pie, while not the same, is a great shortcut to sweetness. Start by slicing an apple into smaller pieces. Next, add cinnamon and microwave to get that gooey, sweet apple pie flavor!
11. Grilled CheeseThe classic grilled cheese is not only the go-to comfort food of most but also the easiest. To get that golden greatness in the Rat, I once again refer you to the glorious waffle maker. Take bread, cheese, and add-ins as you wish to create the sandwich. Next, put it in the waffle maker to cook to your preferred level of perfection. Waffle maker for the win once again.
Now that you have a guide to the Rat’s hacks, you are all set for easy, great-tasting options for when the menu just doesn’t seem to satisfy your cravings. Whether on the go or in search of some comfort food on a hard day, I hope these quick hacks brighten your day and settle your stomach! Enjoy.