We all know it starts with one step. But the problem is, in what direction do we make that first step? Many do not consciously think of the direction they want to go. This is true in our lives, and even in the everyday routine of our lives. Our first step in the morning defines the direction the rest of our day is going to go. That is why it is so important to start your day off in a good way. Start your day to be a good day.

The Usual Routine

Your alarm RIINNGGGSS in the most unpleasant sounds, and you swing your arm over to your phone and tab the snooze button. And then you snooze before the process starts all over again. And then you're grumpy all day long and don't want to get up the next day because you had a bad day the day before. The way you start your morning is a good reflection of how the rest of your day will go. That's why it is so important to be happy and productive in the morning so that you can have a happy and productive day. And when you get a lot done, and feel good about what you accomplished and you have a good night too. It's all about how you wake up and first things you do that define how the rest of the day will go.

Tips to Lead a Happy and Productive Day

1. Plan out what you want to get done by the end of the day the Night Before.

This makes sure you aren't lazy in the morning and do fun stuff, but actually do the stuff that matters.

2. Don't be on your phone or computer at least 20 minutes before bed.

Give your mind and eyes a break.

3. Get into bed and journal for 3-5 minutes about how your day went and why you are excited to get up in the morning.

This will silence your thoughts so that they aren't running around in your mind stopping from sleeping.

4. Get up after the 1st alarm. DO NOT HIT SNOOZE.

By hitting snooze you are telling yourself you aren't excited to get up and conquer the day. No matter who you are, you have the potential to do something amazing today. So do it and get excited about it.

5. Get a quick 10 minute routine down before getting started.

Right after I get up, I need energy, but only eat a little bit. I drink a cup of green tea (get that metabolism started!!) and an apple. Then, I brush my teeth and wash my face. I change out of my PJs and put on something casual. Here, you are trying to change your physical state so you aren't in the sleepy mood anymore. 

6. Do 3 important, but not stressful things.

Getting started means something different for everyone, but I like to read, practice my yoga, and meditate in the morning. These help me relax and put me in a good mood because I like doing all of these. It gives me something to look forward to so I want to wake up even more.

I am a personal huge fan of the Miracle Morning, follow the link to find out more. 

7. Take a 20 minute break.

This is the time I use to cook my breakfast, and get dressed and do my make up for the day.

8. Get started on your list that you worked on the night before.

Make sure you write the list the night before so you don't spend a lot of time working on it now. Most people's most productive time is in the morning, even if they don't want to believe it. So get down to it. For the rest of the day, I use the pomodoro technique and work until I have everything done. I don't work until a specific time. I work until I get my work done.

It is so important to give your mind respect and kindness in the morning. Don't jolt your mind out of sleep with an annoying ring tone. Give yourself time.