In college, socializing is inevitable. Having a direct roommate and constantly meeting people anywhere from in class to at the gym or in the dining hall can be amazing for some and a nightmare for others. Those who love being around people at all times are typically referred to as extroverts, while the people who would rather spend time alone (or with their dog), are known as introverts. Don't quite fit into either category? Or have characteristics of both? You're in luck. No one is 100% introverted or extroverted--its a spectrum. Sometimes your personality can depend on the day or your surrounding, but if you can relate to characteristics of both an introvert and extrovert, you might be an ambivert.

Here are the five tell-tale signs:

1. You love going out and partying but you typically feel like you need to "recharge" after a weekend of going out

With characteristics of both introverts and extroverts, ambiverts can be the life of the party all weekend but they need to rest and recharge for a week or so after all of the social activity.

2. In uncomfortable situations, you might shy away or stick to the people you know but as soon as you begin to feel comfortable, you can't stop talking. 

I have friends that can literally talk to anyone. Although I love meeting new people, and I always try to be as friendly as possibly, meeting new people, for an ambivert, is way less intimidating when you are already with someone you know.

3. You aren't afraid of doing things like running errands or going to the mall alone...in fact, it's therapeutic for you.

Alone time can be an ambiverts best friend and worst enemy. Too much? You worry that you have missed out on the apocalypse because you've been by yourself for too many days. But too much socializing? You become irritable, exhausted, and unmotivated. It's all about finding the happy medium, baby.

4. You tend to sit back and observe people the majority of the time but don't mind leading the conversation every once in a while.

Ambiverts tend to sit back and observe their surroundings, which helps them to thrive later on in conversation.

5. Small talk is not your thing. You feel like it's a waste of time.

As an ambivert, you use all of that introverted time thinking about the meaning of life and whether or not the chicken or the egg came first (typical stuff, right?). Small talk is necessary in everyday life, but for an ambivert, meaningful conversation is what we use to thrive. We could care less about the whether outside or what your plans this weekend are.

So if you can relate to any of these, congrats, you're most likely an ambivert! So long to the days of not knowing whether to call yourself an extrovert or introvert. The next time you don't feel like going to a party for the third time that weekend, just use the excuse of being an ambivert. Trust me...laying in bed and watching Netflix will be so worth it.