Whether you're going out on a date, staying in with your girlfriends, or maybe just a solo date, beauty products come in clutch. And we've got a simple natural treat for you: rosewater.

You can buy roses almost anywhere you go and you end up looking and feeling fresh because of it. Beyond its agency to spark romanticism, roses are a practical, affordable, and easy way to refresh your face.

This Aromatic Flower Has Some Surprising Properties

Your skin is a fickle thing, and sometimes, the stress of your busy life can cause some unwelcome guests. We're talking acne, dry skin, worry lines. By using the wrong cosmetic products, you can seriously damage your skin’s PH level. When this happens, your skin is dehydrated and can be a breeding ground for breakouts, eczema, or even pre-mature wrinkles.

When your skin is not looking its best, rosewater can act as a natural remedy. "Apply it to red, hot to the touch, blemished areas for calming effects that help balance the skin’s PH," writes health website Holistic Health Herbalist. Rosewater helps keep your skin hydrated and balanced, anticipating your needs even before you do, just in time for Valentine's Day. How chivalrous. 

Elle Magazine raves about the benefits of rosewater, citing its handy uses for reducing redness and fighting inflammation. This baby fights off everyday problems with ease, so that you're ready for whatever the coming week throws at you. 

DIY Instructions for Rosewater Spa Mist:

1. Boil a small pot of water.

2. Pick petals off of fresh pesticide-free roses and scatter them into pot.

3. Stir a few times to keep the petals circulating.

4. Reduce heat and bring to a slow simmer until roses fade out to a transparent color (AKA colorless).

5. Allow to cool and store in tinted spritzer bottle.

6. Spritz all over your face twice a day, especially on your T-zone, for best results. 

Holistic Health Herbalist, mentioned above, has got some extras to make your rosewater even more moisturizing and enticing:

1.) A few drops of essential oil

2.) 4-5 drops of jojoba oil

3.) ¼ tsp glycerin 

4.) ¼ tsp aloe very gel or juice