I’ll start off by saying that meninism isn't real.  Meninism started off as a satirical movement to make fun of feminists, but has turned into a group of men who actually feel that they are disadvantaged. Their argument is that feminism started off with a viable cause for protest, but that now the pendulum has swung too far the other way and men are disadvantaged in society. Lol. The only way Meninism could possibly exist is if men were treated less ethically than women, which I’m sorry boys, but is not the case.

Their argument is that feminism started off with a viable cause for protest, but that now the pendulum has swung too far the other way and men are disadvantaged in society. Lol. The only way meninism could possibly exist is if men were treated less ethically than women, which I’m sorry boys, but is not the case.

“Chivalry”, pulling out chairs, opening doors, and paying for dinner is no consolation prize for the gross economic and social inequality women experience every day.  

To the male dollar, white women make 80 cents, black women make 65 cents and Latina women make 58 cents. Almost half. For the same job.  Every 98 seconds an American is sexually assaulted, and every 8 minutes that victim is a child.  Meanwhile 6 out of every 1,000 perpetrators will end up in prison. These statistics, among other things, are what women all over the globe marched for on January 21, 2017, and why feminism exists and will continue to until they even out.

Middle School is the Worst

“Go make a sandwich” was a very common phrase for boys to tell girls in middle school and high school. This phrase implies that women are worth no more than their domestic ability. It is because of this saying that I, and many other girls, felt that we had to conceal our scholastic ability around boys.

In middle school, I felt that it was almost taboo for me to be smart, because what boy would want to marry me if I could not cook? (I can’t cook by the way).

Milo and the Meninists

I would challenge a meninist to tell me of a specific story where they experienced a societal structure day in and day out where men are treated as inferior. Meninists like Milo Yianopoulus, a British public speaker, media personality, and former senior editor for Breitbart News, claim that women used to be unequal, but that we have come so far that sexism does not exist.

I would like believe that meninists are overly optimistic at the progress that women have made over the past hundred years, but it is hard when Yianopoulos goes around to college campuses and calls feminism cancer, says lesbians aren’t real, and has defended pedophilia and pedophiles.

Does Milo Matter?

Milo and his views matter because a former writer for and head of Breitbart News, Steve Bannon, is now the chief advisor to the President.  So maybe the more important question is not if Milo matters, but if the President is hearing these claims Milo has made from his right hand man, should that matter to us?

Strategy

It is convenient for men to support meninism because then they do not have to acknowledge the male privilege they have benefitted from in our society. In an article for the Huffington Post, Chris Boeskool writes, “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression”.

To Milo and his meninists, the thought of women earning equal wages for equal work, possibly being their boss, and being more than sexual objects who do their laundry, dishes, cook, and clean their house, is inconceivable.

It makes sense in a strategy sense, if men help to raise women, minorities, transgender and LGBTQ people to the same playing field as them, then they have a smaller piece of the pie for themselves. The moment women start infiltrating administrative positions, that leaves less of those positions for men. The moment girls start telling boys to make a damn sandwich for themselves if they are hungry, is when meninism begins to die.

Stats

For anyone who believes that feminism is a farce, one in five women will be sexually assaulted on college campuses in the United States. Rape is the most dehumanizing thing that a human being can experience. 

The very fact that 20% of university women will be treated as nothing more than an objectified body to masturbate in is more of a problem that I can even put into words. This mere statistic should be enough to horrify anyone into being a women's rights advocate.

Yet, instead of supporting the radical idea that women are human beings, male-centric society tells women that this is their fault because they were dressed too sexy, they should not be such a bitch, slut, whore, etc. and that men cannot control themselves when they see a beautiful woman, and that being raped should somehow be a perverted form of flattery. No.  

Meninism is threatened by the rejection that women are more than sexual objects, because that would make meninists rapists, and then that would imply fault, and that would mean that they buy into and benefit from a society that dehumanizes fellow human beings.

Who Run the World?

Feminism is defined by Miriam Webster as “the social, political, and economic equality of the sexes”. Feminism is not this “free the nip”, “grow your leg and armpit hair”, find any opportunity to blame men for all of our problems movement that meninists have made it out to be.

Women should still not be chastised for not wearing a bra and/or not shaving -- It is simply a movement to try to help men to understand their historical, and societal influence that has led to women seeing themselves a “less than”. It is the radical assumption that women are equal to men, and should be treated as such.

I know this will be a hard pill to swallow for many men, but if you are a man and you have read this article and were offended at any point, it might be a good time to take some advice from PC principal from South Park and, “Check your privilege, bro”.