Now I'm no dermatologist, in fact, I am an economics major so I know next to nothing about anything science-related. However, during finals week I discovered something truly magical. I have cracked the code to the best acne spot treatment that ever existed... Advil Liquid Gels.

How it happened

Yes, I know it sounds crazy, but that tiny capsule is the key to beautiful skin. So let me backtrack a little bit and tell you how I came across this sorcery. I was in the library studying for finals, my brain absolute mush, my head screaming and my skin worse than ever. I went to take Advil for my headache and in my jittery caffeinated state, I dropped one of the capsules. I was too lazy to do anything about it so I just took another out of the container and went on with studying. Later, I went to the bathroom and had forgotten that I had dropped the Advil on the ground. I accidentally stepped on it and it broke open. Now I don't know what came over me to make me think "hmm let me smear this blue liquid all over my pimples and lets see what happens", but I am so glad I did. Remember that stress ridden skin I told you about? It was clear only a few hours later.

Why it works

If you look at this from a medical standpoint (again, not a doctor) it actually makes complete sense. Ibuprofen, the main component in Advil, is an anti-inflamatory drug. So, when you put the ibuprofen liquid on a small inflammation, aka a pimple, it will reduce in size.

How to use it

I recommend dampening the capsule before opening so its pliable. Then, squeeze the liquid out and use it as you would an acne spot treatment. Leave it on for at least an hour (but I would say longer) then wash it off with water. 

After googling to see if I was a genius, or just subconsciously remembered a headline I scrolled by on Facebook, using Advil Liquid Gels as a spot treatment is already a thing. Everyone's pimples are different, so this may not work for everyone as well as it did for me, but there is no harm in giving it a shot. You can thank me later.