Banana bread is a gift to us college students who are constantly looking for something sweet to fix our exam-time cravings, while simultaneously trying to stay somewhat healthy. This recipe is only six ingredients (easy to make in your dorm kitchen), and it's so delicious that you might just end up eating the entire pan in one sitting. It's a gluten free recipe so that no one gets left out when it's time for a midnight snack—and you won't even be able to taste the difference. 

Gluten Free Banana Bread

• Cook Time:1 hr
  • Total Time:1 hr 15 mins

• 2 cups almond flour
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 overripe bananas
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
bread, pastry, sweet, cake, chocolate
Grayce Nieberle

Smash the overripe bananas in a bowl with a fork.

rice
    Grayce Nieberle

Crack the eggs and whisk them together with the bananas. Then add in the honey and melted coconut oil, folding in the chocolate chips last.

dairy product, milk, sweet, chocolate, cookie
    Grayce Nieberle

Coat the loaf pan with a bit of your coconut oil, rather than canola oil or butter, as a healthier way to make sure the bread doesn't stick to the pan.

water, ice
    Grayce Nieberle

Pour the mixture into the pan and cook at 425° for about an hour, or until a knife comes out cleanly when placed in the center of the loaf. Let it cool for five to ten minutes and enjoy.

wheat, cream, bread, sweet, cereal
    Grayce Nieberle

Whether you're gluten free and looking for a treat, or a non-gluten free eater in search of a healthier dessert, this banana bread is for you. You'll have to keep the pan by your side until you're done, or else your roommates might help themselves to one too many bites.

If you're looking to modify the recipe even more, the bread can be made without chocolate chips, and the honey can be switched out for maple syrup. Whatever method you choose, this treat will not disappoint, and you'll only fall a little more in love with banana bread than you already are.