As therapeutic as it is to relax with a large caramel macchiato with some type of heart design in the froth, most of the time, I just need my f^$#ing coffee. What was at first following a trend, turned into a stone cold addiction. (My caffeine headaches start to set in around 9 am if I’ve missed my first bump of coffee, I’m not kidding.) I don’t want a soda or some type of candy, I want my coffee. One day, when I had run out of K-Cups and I was itching for a fix, I remembered that my mom had given me some chewable coffee cubes. And just like that, everything changed.

Wait… You Chew Coffee?

chocolate, hash, sweet
Jenna Rimensnyder

As strange as it sounds, that’s exactly what you do. Two of these little chewable cubes equate to one cup of coffee. That means that each cube has 50mg of caffeine. One serving is effective for about about 4-6 hours. The texture is similar to fluffy Sour Patch Kids and comes in three flavors: mocha, pure drip and latte. Plus, these chewables are vegan and gluten-free. They're amazing.

Benefits of Coffee Chews

chocolate, sweet, candy
Jenna Rimensnyder

Other than satisfying your caffeine itch, they are easy to travel with and don't stain your teeth. Red wine and coffee are the two reasons why I whiten my teeth religiously. These cubes keep me from having to buy white strips monthly and a venti dirty Chai latte daily. I have a fuller bank account and whiter teeth — it's a win win. Not to mention, the calories that you’re saving. No skinny lattes needed when you’re chewing your pure drip. You should definitely ask for these cubes in your next care package.

I’m not suggesting that you cut liquid coffee out of your diet completely, but in a pinch, these babies will take care of you. I have started eating these throughout the week and then enjoying liquid coffee on the weekends. That way, my headaches don’t pop up at work and my teeth aren’t (as) susceptible to stains. Give it a try! And if you hate them… DM me for my shipping address.