Life is stressful. We get up, go to work, try to squeeze in quality time for our friends and family, and go to sleep. But when in our day, do we ever take a moment for ourselves? Do we ever sit down and take in the beauty and wonder of life? Sometimes a weekend reset may be the best option.

I sure have a hard time slowing down and resetting. I'm always running around, doing errands, going to work, and not getting home until midnight. It's exhausting. I want to make more time in my day for myself, but I don't know how to. Then it hit me. I can take time for myself when I eat. If I force myself to sit down and enjoy a healthy, filling meal, it'll be a way of thanking my body for helping me get through the day.

I put together a weekend of healthy meals to really "detox" from the stresses of the week, and fill up with essential nutrients. A quick note, this is not a detox. You will not lose weight. You will not miraculously gain a flat stomach. That is not what I'm advertising. I am here to curate a healthy weekend, full of delicious fruits and vegetables, that will give your body the right fuel to get ready for the busy week ahead.

I chose some recipes from my favorite food blogs, and focused on plant based dishes. Of course, you are more than welcome to add a lean protein of your choice to the dish in order to bulk it up. I also advise that during this weekend, you omit alcohol, added sugars, processed foods, and drink lots of water. Also, be sure to keep those tupperware containers handy! These dishes will be a great addition to your work week, providing healthy fuel to get you going!

SATURDAY

Breakfast: For breakfast, we're gonna kick off our weekend with a delicious green smoothie. Filled with greens and protein, it'll set a great tone for the rest of the day. I love this one from Minimalist Baker. Its a tropical green smoothie, perfect for summer. 

Lunch: For lunch, we're gonna make some tacos! Yes, you heard me, tacos. Nestled in a romaine leaf, these tacos are flavorful, and are full of omega-3's due to the addition of walnuts to the filling. If you aren't too keen on the romaine, it's totally okay to sub small corn tortillas instead. 

Dinner: For dinner, we're gonna make a quinoa and roasted vegetable bowl. I love this recipe, because it's totally customizable to the preference of whoever is cooking it. I also like to add some riced cauliflower to the dish, to add filler and extra nutrients.

SUNDAY

Breakfast: A salad? For breakfast? Heck yeah! What better way to fuel your body for the day than a nutritious, green filled salad. It totally works.  

Lunch: Pasta is one of the great loves of my life. But, it's not the healthiest choice. Enter Banza, chickpea pasta. I love it. It's delicious, filling, and super healthy. Use the shells with this delicious avocado pasta recipe from Goop

Dinner: WE'VE MADE IT TO THE FINISH LINE! Treat yourself with this easy, delicious, homemade ratatouille. You'll feel so fancy and French after you pull it out of the oven. 

The best part about this weekend is that you have so many leftovers for the week now! Pack nutritious lunches, or invite your friends over for a plant-based potluck. After experimenting with all these delicious new recipes, you'll be even more excited to incorporate fruits and veggies into your diet.