Meet the quickest, easiest stir-fry you’ve ever had. The secret? Pre-cooked frozen rice (I love the Organic Trader Joe’s frozen pre-cooked brown rice). If you don’t have access to this, you can also use leftover take-out rice, cook your own rice, or do what I did in undergrad which was walk into a Chinese take-out place on my way home from class and buy a giant box of rice for $1.

Another key to this recipe is pre-made sesame ginger dressing. I use the Trader Ming’s Sesame Ginger Dressing – it’s delicious. Many other brands also make sesame ginger-style dressings, which make for wonderful stir-fry sauce and save oodles of time.

Start to finish, this dish is faster than ordering take-out, and unlike the Chinese food that comes to your door, you’ll actually know what’s in it. Enjoy!

This is 1 of 7 meals from the round-up How to Make a Week’s Worth of Vegan Meals for Under $30 From Trader Joe’s.

Vegetable Stir-Fry with Tofu and Sesame Ginger Sauce

• Prep Time:5 minutes
  • Cook Time:10 minutes
  • Total Time:15 minutes

• 1 packet frozen brown rice
  • 1/2 1 package firm tofu
  • 2 cup chopped vegetables
  • 1/4 cup seasame ginger dressing or tahini dressing

Cook rice in the microwave for 3 minutes, or follow instructions on package.

Photo by Katherine Baker

Cube tofu into 1-inch squares.

Microwave vegetables for 2-3 minutes, until tender.

On a skillet, heat 1/4 cup sesame ginger dressing. Add vegetables and tofu and mix to coat vegetables and tofu in sauce and heat tofu, about 3-4 minutes.

Photo by Katherine Baker

Place rice in a bowl or on a plate, and scoop vegetable and tofu mix onto rice. Add hot sauce or more sesame ginger dressing, if desired.

Photo by Katherine Baker