Say goodbye to the days when you tossed a measly ball of ground beef on the grill, threw it on a bun and called it a burger. This summer, all you need is a beer can burger.

If you haven’t already heard of the concept, these bad boys are going to blow your mind.

This burger makes use of a beer can to form a hole that can be filled with all kinds of awesomeness. We used some of our favorite veggies, but don’t be afraid to get creative. From chili meat sauce to a fried egg, anything goes.

And I shouldn’t even have to tell you the best part. While your burger is grilling, pop open the brew you used to mold the beef and enjoy (although you might want to wash the raw meat off of the can first).

Cheers to the best recipe for a perfect beer can burger.

Beer Can Burger

• Prep Time:10 minutes
  • Cook Time:35 minutes
  • Total Time:45 minutes

• 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 can beer
  • 4 strips bacon
  • 1 block smoked cheddar cheese, cubed
  • 1 cup onion, diced
  • 1 tomato, diced
  • 1 red bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 green bell pepper, sliced
  • 4 cloves fresh garlic, quartered
  • 2 large mushrooms, sliced
  • salt and pepper, to taste
Photo by Stephanie DeVaux

Place your sliced and diced veggies on the grill for 5 to 10 minutes. You might need to use tin foil to prevent the smaller pieces from falling through the grate.

Photo by Stephanie DeVaux

While your veggies cook, split your beef into 2 sections and form into patties.

Photo by Stephanie DeVaux

Season the beef with salt, pepper and any other spices of your choice.

Photo by Stephanie DeVaux

Place a full, unopened can of beer in the center of one beef patty. This will serve as the mold for your burger.

Photo by Stephanie DeVaux

Use your hands to shape the beef around the can of beer. You are essentially making a beef bowl, so make sure the sides are not too thin.

Photo by Stephanie DeVaux

The beef should reach about two inches up the beer can, like this.

Photo by Stephanie DeVaux

Without taking out the beer can, wrap two slices of bacon around the patty. The bacon will act like glue, keeping everything together when you grill the burger later.

Photo by Stephanie DeVaux

Now carefully remove the beer can. Repeat steps 4 through 7 with your second patty.

Photo by Stephanie DeVaux

Remove veggies from the grill and use them to fill the hole in each patty.

Photo by Stephanie DeVaux

Don’t be afraid to really stuff a lot into each burger.

Photo by Stephanie DeVaux

Top each burger with 3 to 4 cubes of cheese. Like most things, the more cheese, the better.

Photo by Stephanie DeVaux

Place both burgers on the grill at around 300ºF.

Photo by Stephanie DeVaux

Cover and cook for 30 to 35 minutes.

Photo by Stephanie DeVaux

When your burgers are done, the bacon will be crispy and the beef will feel firm to the touch. Remove the burgers from heat and top it off with a bun or eat as is. Get ready for the greatest burger you’ve ever had in your life. You’re welcome.

Photo by Stephanie DeVaux