Whoever said salad isn’t filling was wrong. This healthy, lean protein-filled salad will probably make you overeat cause it’s just so good. But that doesn’t even matter since it doesn’t have any fattening toppings and it’s not drenched in a creamy high-cal dressing.

Bonus: This chicken fajita salad is dairy free.

Chicken Fajita Salad

• Prep Time:15 minutes
  • Cook Time:25 minutes
  • Total Time:40 minutes
  • Servings:1 heaping salad

• 1 chicken breast
  • 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
  • 1/4 yellow onion, sliced
  • 1/2 bag salad mix
  • 1 Roma tomato
  • 2 garlic cloves, sliced
  • 1/2 can corn, rinsed and drained
  • 1/4 can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1/3 cup brown rice
  • 2/3 cup water
  • Cooking oil
  • Salt
  • Pepper

Preheat oven (or toaster oven) to 350ºF.

Slice the green bell pepper and onion into strips.

Cut chicken breast into 4-6 thin pieces. Then place veggies and chicken onto a baking tray. Top with sliced garlic and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are browned.

While the chicken and veggies are cooking, combine 1/3 cup rice with 2/3 cup water and microwave for 4 minutes. Stir. Then microwave again for 4 minutes. Repeat until rice is fully cooked, or follow instructions on the back of package.

Once the rice is done, warm up the corn and beans in the microwave for a minute or until desired temperature. Then you’ll be ready to plate.

Use the salad greens as a base and place rice on top. Add the corn and bean mixture and then the chicken and veggies. Dice up some tomatoes for color and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.