Fall definitely has its perks of everything smelling “spiced” and finally being able to wear boots without sweating. We are well into fall so everyone should have had their fill of hayrides, corn mazes, and apple picking.

All ten of my housemates went apple picking sporadically this October, leaving our kitchen packed with an overload of apples. As they slowly rotted, I decided to channel my inner Julia Child and attempt the Facebook trending recipe: apple pie roses.

Now the recipe that every mom has shared on Facebook is a couple minute-long video that is a little hard to follow. So here is a step by step recipe that will impress your friends and get you a lot of likes on Instagram.

Apple Pie Roses

• Prep Time:20 minutes
  • Cook Time:35-40 minutes
  • Total Time:1 hour
  • Servings:About 12

• 2 puff pastry sheets
  • 4 apples
  • 1 lemon
  • 4 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon flour (optional)
  • 1 tablespoon melted butter
  • 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 tablespoon sugar

Preheat the oven to 375°F.

Take out the puff pastry to thaw.

Cut the apples in half and core out the center with either a melon scooper or a knife.

Slice the apples very thin and in the same direction as shown.

Cut the lemon in half and squeeze both sides into a microwavable safe bowl filled with 4 cups of water.

Put the apples in the lemon-water mixture and microwave for 3-4 minutes. The apples should be soft.

Allow the apples to sit in the warm water for a bit. While that is happening, roll out your puff pastry on a cutting board. Add flour if necessary to prevent sticking. Begin rolling the dough to a quarter inch thickness.

Cut the pastry sheet into six strips.

Take a strip and brush it with the melted butter. Then sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon along the strip followed by a pinch of sugar.

#SpoonTip: Mix the tablespoon of sugar and cinnamon together to create a mixture for easier application.

Place between 7-9 apples overlapping horizontally along the strip with about half the apple not on the pastry strip.

Simply fold over the bottom half of the pastry strip over the apples.

Roll the strip up as if you were rolling a towel.

Spray your muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and place your roses in the tin.

Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the tip of the apples are golden brown.

After the designated time, take your roses out and let them cool for 10-15 minutes.

Carefully pull each rose out of the tin with either a fork or knife and then enjoy!