Looking for a new, delicious way to get some more vitamin A in your life?  Then these carrot “fries” are for you.

Easy

Prep Time: 8-10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: About 30 minutes
Servings: 2-3

5-6 large carrots
2 tablespoon oil (coconut, olive, canola, peanut… etc)
Your choice of spices (I used cumin and cinnamon)

Directions: 1. Preheat oven to 425°F and coat/spray a baking sheet with oil to prevent sticking. 2. Rinse the carrots and start by cutting off the knobby ends.

Carrot Fries Recipe

Photo by Nick Schmidt

Carrot Fries Recipe

Photo by Nick Schmidt

3. Cut each carrot in half and then slice each half down the center. Cut these four segments into spears. How many spears you can get from each will vary depending on the size of your carrots.

Carrot Fries Recipe

Photo by Nick Schmidt

5. Place carrots in a bowl, add oil of choice, and stir to evenly coat the carrots. 6. Add spices of choice to oil-coated carrots (I used about 1 tbsp of cinnamon and about 2 tsp of cumin) and stir to evenly distribute.

Carrot Fries Recipe

Photo by Nick Schmidt

7. Place the fries on the prepared baking sheet, ensuring that no fries are overlapping, and bake for 10 minutes.

Carrot Fries Recipe

Photo by Nick Schmidt

8. After 10 minutes, rearrange the carrots on the baking sheet and then but them back in the oven for another 8-10 minutes, or until they are satisfyingly crispy.

Carrot Fries Recipe

Photo by Nick Schmidt

9. Enjoy your delicious carrot fries either on their own, as a side, or with a healthy dip like guacamole or tahini.