We’ve all had that feeling of disappointment. You know when you’re at work or school and it’s time to eat your packed lunch and you wolf it down in 5 minutes and you’re sad and still hungry? That’s the worst. Avoid having that moment ever again by whipping up one of these meals the night before and you’ll finally be left full and satisfied. 

Honey Mustard Chicken

cereal, rice
Alex Weiner

Pair this chicken with your fave grains and veggies to make a balanced meal that’ll keep you going all afternoon. And guess what? It actually tastes good, thanks to our friends Dijon and honey. 

Edamame Salad

salad, edamame, pea, vegetable, legume
Elyse Belarge

This combo of edamame, cheese, and almonds makes this salad a power lunch

Chicken Pita

zucchini, cucumber
Abigail Wilkins

This lunch is super portable and the pairing of chicken and creamy yogurt means double the protein to keep you full for hours. 

Open-Faced Egg and Asparagus Sandwich

bread, cheese, parmesan, toast
Ashton Caudle

This recipe may not be your typical packed lunch, but if you put it in a tupperware it should last perfectly. There’s nothing more satisfying than eggs and a little cheese, and asparagus will give you those necessary veggies. 

Avocado Chicken Salad

vegetable, pepper
Paige Pulaski

This dish is cheap, easy, versatile, and literally so good. You can eat it with a fork out of a container or slather it on some whole wheat bread for a sandwich. This recipe uses avocado instead of mayo, so it’s extra healthy. 

Shakshuka

fried egg, huevos rancheros, egg yolk, egg
Ashley Manning

Shakshuka is one of the least-known but most delicious dishes from the Mediterranean. You’re supposed to eat it out of the pan, but why not scoop some into a container and pack it with a few slices of whole grain bread? 

Sushi in a Jar

vegetable
Gabby Phi

As much as we hate to admit it, sushi is expensive. But it’s delicious and has a ton of health benefits, so why not make your own version? In a jar it stays fresh all day and the brown rice and avocado make it hearty.

Prosciutto Egg Roll-Up

Time to get creative. This recipe uses a flat omelette kind of like a tortilla, with prosciutto as its filling. You can’t get more protein than this savory, Paleo dish. 

Salmon Chickpea Salad

corn, vegetable, legume
Sini Choi

Salmon is one of those godsends with a huge list of health benefits and tons of flavor. This recipe increases its filling factor even more by adding lots of veggies and protein packed chickpeas.

Leftover Steak Salad

Any salad topped with a protein is the perfect lunch option, so use up some of that steak from last night’s dinner or last weekend’s BBQ. Mushrooms and a little cheese add extra meatiness and satisfaction to this baby.

Corn Salad

meat, corn, vegetable
Krysten Dorfman

Protein – check. Veggies – check. Healthy carbs – check. This salad makes the perfect plate.

Mediterranean Pita Pizza

basil, tomato, pizza, bread, cheese
Elyse Belarge

This recipe is basically a healthier, grown-up Lunchable, so it makes lunch delicious and fun all at the same time. 

Thai Lettuce Wrap

spinach, vegetable, lettuce, salad
Angela Pizzimenti

If you’re looking to cut down on carbs, try using lettuce instead. That may sound ridiculous and tasteless, but when you fill it with awesome ingredients, I promise you won’t miss the bread. 

Quinoa Burger

Sally Zhang

Meat not your thing? Make your burger out of everyone’s favorite grain, quinoa, instead. The black beans in this burger add even more protein to last you all day long. 

Curry Vegetable Soup

vegetable, sauce, soup
Rae Steinbach

Besides being filled with a ton of delicious veggies, warm and flavorful soup fills you up without a ton of calories. Make a big batch, pour it in a thermos, and lunch is ready to go for the week.