Summer isn’t over yet, and watermelon is the “it” fruit of the season. Whether it’s at a music festival or poolside, the iconic red wedge is bound to make an appearance on your Instagram feed.

But of course, the king of summer fruit is more than just a good photo opp, and can be incorporated into your diet in more ways than you’d expect. If you love watermelon, here are 13 recipes to use so that you can dedicate an entire day to getting your fill.

1. Watermelon Smoothie Bowl

Watermelon

Photo by Danielle Cahoon

Start your watermelon marathon off on the right foot. The açai bowl, a longstanding Instagram celeb, health-nut staple, and best friend of the #healthyliving tags, needs to take a break from the limelight.

Although I’m all about my morning sambazon myself, I don’t mind putting the açai aside for a refreshing watermelon smoothie bowl, which is full of health benefits guaranteed to satisfy every superfood fanatic’s needs.

2. Watermelon Jelly

Watermelon

Photo by Rachael Piorko

Tired of traffic jams? Overplayed radio jams? Try watermelon jam. Throw it on toast, pancakes, eat it straight, whatever. Find the totally car accident and The Fox (What Does The Fox Say?)-free recipe here. 

3. Watermelon Agua Frescas

Watermelon

Photo by Angelina Marioni

Wash down your watermelon breakfast with more watermelon. This one-ingredient treat is the perfect way to keep cool while staying summertime-lazy. Find the recipe here.

4. Watermelon Salsa

Watermelon

Photo by Santina Renzi

Keep things going with a melon-y snack. There are few things on earth better than a summer snack of chips and pico de gallo, except perhaps pico de gallo with a twist of watermelon. Easy and refreshing, here’s how to do your next salsa dish.

5. Watermelon Salad

Watermelon

Photo by Tiare Brown

Move onto lunch, which can easily focus on watermelon. Contrary to popular belief, watermelon is good for more than just fruit salad. Whether paired with feta cheese and faro or mozzarella and balsamic, there are plenty of ways to incorporate this juicy fruit with greens. Find 10 ideas here.

6. Watermelon Gazpacho

Watermelon

Photo by Danielle Cahoon

For everyone against the whole “cold soup” thing, don’t knock it until you try it. This recipe is totally worth getting adventurous for.

7. Watermelon Sashimi

Watermelon

Photo by Tess Wei

Watermelon dinner? You can totally do it. While arguably a stretch, watermelon sashimi is definitely a thing — a true testament to this wonder fruit’s versatility. Apparently when you bake watermelon, it takes on texture similar to raw fish. Don’t believe us? Grab some chopsticks and read up here.

8. Grilled Watermelon

Watermelon

Photo by Edgar Sandoval

Summer would not be summer without barbecues or watermelon, so why not combine the two? Grill up some watermelon slices alongside those hot dogs to add a summery twist to your hamburger bun, fish taco or shrimp skewer. More foods to grill here.

9. Watermelon Lime Granita

Watermelon

Photo courtesy of Flickr.com

For dessert, try out a new kind of shaved ice — watermelon style. Enjoy it in a snow cone or blend it in with your water to keep you hydrated happy all day long.

10. Watermelon Cake

Watermelon

By Samantha Ho

Smother in the frosting of your choice (coconut cream is a must try), sprinkle with almonds, go crazy with the berry toppings, and viola! The perfect tropical treat. Recipe here.

11. Watermelon Soda Float

Watermelon

Photo by Naib Mian

Sick of rootbeer? Ditch the pop but keep the fizz with this refreshing recipe, a new and improved way to keep summer cool.

12. Watermelon Cocktail

Watermelon

Photo by Lara Schwieger

Finish out your watermelon-filled day with a crowd-pleasing cocktail. Because if you love watermelon you’ll really love this recipe.

13. Half a Watermelon (plus a spoon)

Watermelon

Photo by Justin Schuble

Bonus for the really hardcore watermelon fanatic. My personal favorite, the original half slice. Spoon required, sharing optional.