If you’re anything like me, your two main food groups are carbohydrates and cheese. I live for bread of any kind and cheese in any form. So, you can only imagine my excitement when I discovered this INSANELY good recipe for cheese and garlic dip (complete with dough dippers).

Now, don’t get me wrong—I’m a big believer in the classic buffalo chicken dip, but this stuff is good enough to make you forget about the classics. Whip up one of these babies for the Super Bowl and people will be asking for the recipe in no time. Trust me.

Extreme Cheese and Garlic Dip with Dippers

• Prep Time:15-20 minutes
  • Cook Time:20 minutes
  • Total Time:1 hour

• 8 oz cream cheese
  • 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup parmesan or cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
  • 6 chopped garlic cloves
  • 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1 tub pizza dough
  • 1/2 cup melted butter

Rip off about 14-15 pieces of pizza dough and roll them into small balls. Roll the balls into long logs and tie each log into a knot, tucking the excess dough underneath.

Photo by Jill Kindelan

Coat the inside of a 10-inch skillet or pan with olive oil and place your dough knots in a circle around the edge of the skillet. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes while you prepare the dip.

Photo by Jill Kindelan

While the dough sits, combine the cream cheese, mozzarella, parmesan (or cheddar), and ricotta cheese in a bowl. Add in 3 chopped cloves of garlic and red pepper flakes.

Photo by Jill Kindelan

Continue to mix ingredients. Melt butter and combine remaining 3 cloves of garlic with melted butter.

Photo by Jill Kindelan

Uncover your dough knots and add your cheese mixture in the middle of the knot circle. Pour your butter and garlic mixture over the dip and knots. Place skillet in a preheated oven at 400°F for 20-22 minutes.

Photo by Jill Kindelan

Remove carefully from the oven and let sit for 2 minutes. Dig in!

Photo by Jill Kindelan