A wise man named Ron Swanson once said, “Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” What better way to eat bacon and eggs than to put them all together with cheese and an English muffin. The crispy bacon, melty cheese, and runny yolk is a breakfast lover’s dream combination.

This recipe is surprisingly easy, extremely satisfying, and sure to get your day off to a great start. It’s also customizable. I used Oscar Mayer bacon, cage-free eggs, Cabot mozzarella cheese, and Thomas English muffins, but you can use your favorite brand or whichever brand is easiest to get a hold of. These muffins are a must-try recipe, and it’s hard to have just one.

Bacon, Egg, and Cheese "Muffins"

• Prep Time:10 minutes
  • Cook Time:10-15 minutes
  • Total Time:25 minutes
  • Servings:6 "muffins"

• 6 eggs
  • 6 bacon slices
  • 3 English muffiins
  • 3 tablespoon shredded cheese
  • Butter
Photo by Jennifer Nigro

Preheat oven to 400°F and prep your ingredients.

Photo by Jennifer Nigro

Use a mug or cookie cutter to cut a circle out of the English muffin.

Photo by Jennifer Nigro

Butter the muffin tray to make sure the muffins don’t stick and put an English muffin circle in each muffin cup.

Photo by Jennifer Nigro

Cook the bacon enough that it’s cooked but still flexible.

#SpoonTip: If you’re using precooked bacon, keep it in the pan until it’s warm and still flexible.

Photo by Jennifer Nigro

Put a slice of bacon in each muffin cup so it forms a “wall” for the egg and cheese.

Photo by Jennifer Nigro

Add roughly a half a tablespoon or as much as your heart desires of shredded cheese in each muffin cup – just make sure theres enough room for the egg! I used Cabot mozzarella, but you can use any shredded cheese.

Photo by Jennifer Nigro

Crack an egg in each cup.

Photo by Jennifer Nigro

Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on your oven, or until the whites are opaque and set.

Photo by Jennifer Nigro

Serve hot and enjoy.

Photo by Jennifer Nigro