Yes, Boston is one of the best cities in the United States. But next time you don’t want to make the drive in (because traffic sucks mucho), give Worcester a try. Located in central MA, Worcester is the second most populated city in Massachusetts. Being from a very small town right next to Worcester, I’m here to represent my hometown area. So wa-lah, here’s a list of the best places to eat at for every occasion. Or at least I think so.

For Breakfast at Anytime: Boulevard Diner

worcester

Photo courtesy of theodysseyonline.com

Boulevard is located on Worcester’s east side at 155 Shrewsbury Street and is open 24/7, making it the perfect place to go whether it’s 4 AM or 4 PM. It’s been around forever; it was manufactured by the Worcester Lunch Car Company in 1936. There’s an overwhelming amount of options to choose from, ranging from eggs and homefries to chicken salad sandwiches. They also have an omelette for every college in Worcester. Talk about reppin’.

Best Place to Pre Game: The Boynton

worcester

Photo courtesy of Andrew Brown

Located at 117 Highland Street, The Boynton was originally a tavern when it first opened in the 1930s. New owners took over in 1969 and in 1980 they added a full restaurant. By 2004, it became one of the finest kitchens and has a bar with the most sophisticated tap systems in the city – which makes it the perfect place to grab an appetizer and a drink (or 5) before you go out for the night. The menu is pretty extensive, check it out here. All the food is delicious and so are the drinks. You can also order a personal drink that comes in a sand bucket. Need I say more?

Best Place to go on a Date: Bocado Tapas Bar & Restaurant

worcester

Photo courtesy of bocadotapasbar.com

Even though I’ve only been here for a birthday dinner out with the girls, I think it would make a great place for a date. If I ever get asked on a date and they ask me where I want to go, instead of saying “I don’t care,” I’ll for sure say this place. It has the perfect ambiance for a romantic night out. It is a little on the pricier side, so save it for a special occasion if you’re balling on a (really low) budget. Totally worth it though. I recommend going for the ‘bocado experience,’ a way to truly make dinner an event with your dinner guests. There is options for 2, 4, or 6+. Check out the menu here. To loosen up the nerves on a date and to get the whole experience, add a pitcher of House Sangria.

For a Relaxing Morning: BirchTree Bread Company

worcester

Photo courtesy of BirchTree Bread Company on Instagram

BirchTree describes themselves in their Insta bio as, “Artisan breads, specialty coffee, pastries, gourmet sandwiches and toast, and a cozy café atmosphere.” I couldn’t have put it any better. The food is all made using natural ingredients of great quality. Not to mention it’s reasonably priced; check out the menu. In terms of events, BirchTree is present at Farmers Markets in Somerville and Cambridge. BirchTree also has amazing live music most Saturdays and Sundays. Take a look at the upcoming acts – I recommend checking them out.

For a Family Night Out: Via Italian Table

worcester

Photo courtesy of viaitaliantable.com

The best Italian food in Worcester, hands-down. It’s great for a family dinner because there is truly something for everyone. WorcesterScene said in a review, “The Wine Dinners at Via Italian Table will transport you to Italy where extraordinary meals are paired with some of Italy’s best wines.” Have I caught your attention yet? They also have a drool-worthy Sunday Brunch that I recommend pairing with a mimosa.

For a Study Session: In House Coffee

worcester

Photo courtesy of worcestermag.com

Worcester Magazine named it Best Coffee in Worcester. Right on, it’s seriously great. InHouse Coffee is open ’til 10 PM every day, making it the perfect place to go sit for awhile and crank out some studying. WiFi is free and the chairs are comfy. Enough said.

To Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth: Sweet Kitchen & Bar

worcester

Photo courtesy of magazine.foxnews.com

I think the name says it all. Though Sweet does serve dining options, I mostly recommend the dessert. There is menu options for everyone, including your friend who’s on a diet with an option rightly called “I’m on a Diet.” For people that don’t want to torture themselves with fruit, I recommend splitting a few dishes with whoever you go with because everything is so damn good. My personal fave is the dosants, which are the original croissant donut since 2006. Forget cronuts, go get a dosant instead. Eating a dosant is truly an (amazing) experience. Best dessert I’ve ever eaten.

To Grab Food for a Picnic: Regatta Deli

worcester

Photo courtesy of regattadeli.com

The photo above is Regatta’s famous Italian Grinder. Regatta was voted Best Grinder by the readers of the Worcester Magazine. The deli is perfect for a quick lunch break from work or to grab food for a picnic. Located on Lake Ave, Lake Quinsig is right down the road so you can take your meal to the beach or the park.

For When You Give Into Your Sushi Craving: Baba Restaurant & Sushi Bar

worcester

Photo courtesy of worcesterscene.com

Baba is a proud multi year winner of awards like “Worcester Magazine,” “City Living,” and “Worcester Living.” With awards to back it up, it is hands-down the best sushi place in the city. There is not a bad meal you can pick on the menu. Pinky promise.