Food trucks have a habit of always coming in clutch, whether they’re parked conveniently in front of your next class or by the Pru when you’re done with shopping and absolutely starving. Though Boston has a multitude of must-try food trucks, these thirteen are the ones you should be running, not walking, towards next time hunger strikes.

1. Chicken and Rice Guys

food trucks

Photo courtesy of facebook.com

NYC’s Halal Guys got nothing on this food truck. Rice, meat, and lettuce make for a filling and cheap meal.

#SpoonTip: Add white sauce. Lots of it.

2. Mei Mei Street Kitchen

food trucks

Photo by Victoria Romulo

You can get your yolkporn fix on the run with Mei Mei’s double awesome (scallion pancakes, pesto, cheddar, and two poached eggs). It’s heaven in your hands.

#SpoonTip: Get yours with bacon — it adds an amazing crunch. And because bacon makes everything better.

3. Bon Me

food trucks

Photo courtesy of facebook.com

Why go to Chipotle when you can make your own sandwich, noodle bowl, or salad? Bon Me’s trucks are found all around the city and are a well-balanced and relatively healthy meal.

#SpoonTip: They have gluten free and vegetarian options that even carnivores love.

4. Roxy’s Grilled Cheese

food trucks

Photo by Nancy Chen

Sometimes you really just need a grilled cheese. Good thing Roxy’s got you covered.

#SpoonTip: Try their truffle fries. You won’t regret it.

5. Frozen Hoagies

food trucks

Photo by Nancy Chen

Craving a dessert while walking through Boston? Frozen Hoagies lets you mix and match any combination of cookies and ice cream, so you can indulge in your greatest dessert fantasies.

#SpoonTip: They have vegan ice cream and gluten free cookies, so there’s something for everyone.

6. Captain Marden’s Seafood

food trucks

Photo courtesy of foodspotting.com

Good seafood doesn’t have to be expensive. Captain Marden’s truck (charmingly dubbed the “Cod Squad”) has fresh clam chowder and lobster rolls for a good price.

#SpoonTip: If you’re looking for a less carb-heavy meal, they also do salads with seafood.

7. Stoked Wood Fired Pizza

food trucks

Photo courtesy of facebook.com

How can you resist an entire wood-fired pizza, freshly made just for you? Two words: you can’t.

#SpoonTip: Try their specials of the day (while they last). They’re unique combinations that you can’t find anywhere else.

8. M & M Ribs

food trucks

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Barbecue has never tasted so good. Dubbed the “best BBQ in town,” you can’t go wrong with any of the choices on the menu here.

#SpoonTip: You can ask for no sauce if you want a “healthier” meal, but the sauce is phenomenal. 

9. Tenoch Movil

food trucks

Photo courtesy of @tenochmexican on Twitter

If you haven’t heard of tortas, go find Tenoch’s food truck right now and order one. It will undoubtedly be one of the best sandwiches you’ll ever have.

#SpoonTip: The torta campechana (Telera bread, carnitas, chorizo, chipotle mayo, beans, onions, tomatoes, avocado, Oaxaca cheese) is one of the best-selling, and for good reason. 

10. Riceburg

food trucks

Photo by Nancy Chen

Ramen burgers are a time of the past. Now it’s all about rice burgers (gluten free friends, rejoice!).

#SpoonTip: Try the Korean fried chicken burger. Everyone who works at the truck recommends it.

11. Boston Projuice

food trucks

Photo courtesy of Annette A. on yelp.com

With their selection of fresh juices, smoothies, and snacks, you don’t have an excuse to eat unhealthily while you’re out and about.

#SpoonTip: You can even create your own smoothie — just pick what ingredients you want and they’ll make it for you.

12. Lilo’s Plates

food trucks

Photo courtesy of @lilosplates on Twitter

Now you don’t even have to go all the way to Hawaii for authentic Hawaiian food — you can get it right on the mainland at Lilo’s.

#SpoonTip: Try any of their island curry with cheese next time you need some comfort food.

13. Batch Ice Cream

food trucks

Photo courtesy of facebook.com

There are no weird chemicals in this ice cream, only real ingredients.

#SpoonTip: The cinnamon and chocolate chip flavor is a perfect wintertime treat.