Hellz yeah, football seasons is back, folks, and I couldn’t be happier. What’s even better than football season? Tailgating season. Spring has day-drinks, summer has boozy beach days, and fall’s excuse to get wasted in the middle of the day is tailgating. Everyone knows the HBIC of tailgates is the Homecoming tailgate. Young and old reunite in the name of cheap beer and the promise of a win. Here are 7 ways to throw the most bitchin’ Homecoming tailgate there ever was. You can thank me later.

Dips on dips on dips

tailgate

And when I say dips, I don’t mean icky chewing tobacco (hashtag mouth cancer), I mean the food kind of dips for potato chips and the like. Make sure you have a wide variety of dips for your tailgate. Extra points for buffalo chicken dip: I would commit a crime for buffalo chicken dip. Pizza dip, taco dip and cannoli dip are dank as well.

Cold Beer is a MUST

tailgate

I hate that I even have to say this, but college students these days just do not understand the importance of a cooler or ice. There is nothing worse than sipping on a warm Natty Ice in the middle of the day when you’re trying to get over your hangover from last night at the same time as getting hype AF for a football game. Invest in a cooler, pls.

Hot Food Should Be Hot

tailgate

Speaking of the importance of temperature, the same goes for food. People will revolt against you if you serve them a mini hotdog that is cold as ice. NO. It’s called foil people. Cover up the food when you’re not eating. Cold weiners are a waste. Keep yo food hot. Side note, ditch the weiners and go with these pizza pockets instead.

Entertain your guests

tailgate

With so many tailgates to choose from, what’s going to make someone stay at yours? Entertainment. Be it corn hole, stump (the semi-dangerous game that includes a hammer and a tree stump) or other fun drinking games, be creative. The days of standing around in the cold at a tailgate are long gone so get with the times. #Fawkward.

Bring a little extra

tailgate

It is inevitable that some drunk friend-of-friends will swing by your tailgate. Be a good host and make sure you bring enough extra food and beer to share. Tailgating is all about community so spread the wealth to those are less fortunate and don’t have a kickass tailgate. These foods you can even share with a stray dog.

Don’t get arrested

tailgate

Perhaps an obvious but getting arrested really puts a damper on one’s mood. Bring red cups or trendy Tervis water bottles to conceal your drank. Some schools are lax about open containers but why test it? Do yourself a favor and don’t drink out of a can. Here are some sneaky ways to hide the can.

Park near a Port-a-potty

tailgate

Not like directly next to it, ew, but close enough where you can make as many pit stops as you’d like when you eventually break the seal. You don’t want to walk super far away from your own tailgate to use the potty.