I don’t care what anyone says, dessert is the best thing to ever happen to this planet — I basically live for it. Even when I’m eating a meal, all I can think about is the slice of cake or bowl of ice cream I’m going to have as soon as I’m finished. And I'm constantly on the hunt for the next most insane dessert. 

Here I've rounded up the 19 craziest and most over-the-top desserts I could find in America to satisfy the cravings of those with a sweet tooth. If you haven't started planning a road trip to try all of these, find your keys and your BFF, and get ready to go. 

1. Wowfulls Waffles – New York City, NY

This unique dessert is inspired by the 1950’s-style egg waffles from Hong Kong. Luckily for Americans, Wowfulls has brought this traditional Chinese food to the streets of New York with their waffles that offer a bit of a Western twist on the original Asian favorite.

2. Cotton-Hi Soft Serve – Los Angeles, CA

Based in LA, Cotton-Hi is serving up 100 percent organic cotton candy topped high on soft serve ice cream, drinks, and cake. After stalking their Instagram, I’m convinced that cotton candy should, without a doubt, be incorporated in more desserts.

3. Black Tap Milkshakes – New York City, NY

Black Tap milkshakes have gained immense popularity within recent months on all forms of social media. This comes as no surprise with the extravagant toppings that come piled high on these $15 craft shakes. 

4. LAVO Las Vegas 20 Layer Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake – Las Vegas, NV

It’s not surprising that you’ll find these 20 decadent layers of peanut butter icing and chocolate cake in Las Vegas, one of the most excessive cities in the world. This dessert at Lavo has to be one of the most #extra cakes I’ve ever seen.

5. Petit Jacqueline Pot de Crème au Chocolat - Portland, OR

A dessert as rich as pot de crème au chocolat is one of the most lavish items you could find on any menu. In Portland, Oregon, the French restaurant Petit Jacqueline is serving up these extravagant little desserts on the daily.

6. The MILK Shop Ice Cream Macs – Los Angeles, CA

At The MILK Shop, creamy ice cream is stuffed between two macaroons and then dipped in any variety of cereal to your liking. Think Fruit Loops, Fruity Pebbles, and Lucky Charms Ice Cream Macs.

7. Afters Ice Cream Chocolate Milky Bun – California  

With several locations in California, Afters Ice Cream is changing the dessert game with their version of the classic ice cream sandwich, which they call the Milky Bun.

8. Clinton Hall Waffles — New York, NY

Clinton Hall appropriately named this dessert their WTF Waffles — I mean, have you seen these bad boys? Their Carnival waffles bring the party to your table with an ice cream cone atop a bed of cinnamon waffles, vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, caramel sauce, sprinkles, caramel corn and cotton candy.

9. Pops by Haley Vanilla and Chocolate Birthday Cake Push Pops – Northeast U.S.

Reminiscent of the ice cream push ups you used to eat all summer long, Pops by Haley adds a twist to the classic dessert by creating these unique cake push pops.

10. Momofuku Milk Bar Birthday Cake – New York City, NY

The presentation of this cake at Momofuku Milk Bar is really what makes it stand out. Just by looking at it, this vanilla rainbow cake topped with cake crumbles and vanilla icing appears to be out of this world amazing.

11. Zero Degrees Spicy Pomegranate Sundae – Los Angeles, CA

This slightly strange dessert at Zero Degrees Co. consists of pineapple Dole Whip soft serve and orange and strawberry Italian-ice topped with fresh pomegranate, tamarind candy, and a slice of lime.

12. Ice & Vice Ice Cream Cone – New York City, NY

Located in New York City, Ice & Vice calls themselves an experimental ice cream shop which is definitely true with flavors like Opium Den (tahini, toasted poppy seed, and lemon bread crouton) and Crack O’Lantern (pumpkin seed oil and crystallized ginger). 

13. Ms. Cheezious S’mores Melt – Miami, FL

Ms. Cheezious is a food truck in Miami, Florida, that makes fresh grilled cheese sandwiches including this gooey, melty, Nutella-stuffed s’mores version of the classic grilled cheese.

14. Big Gay Ice Cream Shop Soft Serve – New York City, NY

Big Gay Ice Cream is one of the most popular ice cream shops in New York City, and for good reason. This delicious cone of Rocky Road ice cream consists of chocolate soft-serve, toasted almonds, marshmallows, and chocolate chips.

15. Churro Stix Churro Sandwich – Canoga Park, CA

Churro Stix actually calls this heavenly creation The Yumwich which is accurate considering this dessert contains creamy vanilla ice cream sandwiched by two churro patties.

16. Ice & Vice Handie Sundae – New York City, NY

This apple cinnamon hand pie from Ice & Vice are filled with sour cream blackberry jam ice cream, blackberry jam and lemon thyme brittle. Sounds pretty fancy, but also super tasty.

17. Balaboosta's Bakery Brownie Stuffed Cookies – New York City, NY

Balaboosta’s Bakery does desserts right, especially with these decadent cookies stuffed with red velvet cream pie.

18. Insomnia Cookies Cookie Nachos – Multiple Locations

Cookies and nachos have finally come together to create the most insane desert I’ve ever seen at Insomnia Cookies. I'm hoping others follow suit and make cookie nachos the next “it” dessert.

19. DŌ Cookie Dough Confections - New York, NY

If you see a line down the street, wrapping around the corner, you know you're close to . This place is known for serving up it's almost iconic cookie dough to the masses (don't worry, it's safe to eat). You can get it in a cone on it's own, or go big and top your dough with ice cream. I say, go big or go home.