“I happen to know everything there is to know about maple syrup! I love maple syrup. I love maple syrup on pancakes. I love it on pizza. And I take maple syrup and put a little bit in my hair when I’ve had a rough week.” – Vince Vaughn.

That infamous line from the classic Wedding Crashers could not illustrate the beautiful nectar of the Maple tree any better. On waffles, snow, or hair, Maple Syrup will make almost anything better. Here are five times it did:

Maple Bacon

maple

Photo from Flickr

If you’re going to clog your arteries every morning with a crispy slice of bacon, why not add a touch of maple goodness? It adds a little kick to bacon, and will scent up your kitchen with the fresh aroma of the outdoors. It just keeps on giving.

Maple Taffy

maple

Photo from Flickr

A Canadian favourite, maple taffy is not only easy to make, but has an amazing taste. Pour a little of the syrup onto some ice, and then rotate a popsicle stick along the cooling syrup to make a sticky popsicle.

Maple Dip Donuts

maple

Photo from Flickr

This donut is one of Tim Horton’s greatest contributions to society. Fluffy and warm, the donut will brighten anyone’s day.

Maple Ice Cream

maple

Photo from Flickr

Whether infused or drizzled on top, maple syrup will enhance any bowl of ice cream. Throw in some pecans for a truly nutty combination.

Maple Cookies

maple

Photo from Flickr

Adding maple to a cookie will amplify its delectable level by 10. Alternatively, to really satisfy your tastebuds, make a maple butter sauce and drizzle it liberally on top of the cookie…..or on anything, really.

Hungry for more dishes elevated by the almighty syrup?