FARMbloomington, or simply FARM to locals, is one of the most unique dining experiences in Bloomington. From the one-of-a-kind 40’s and 50’s decorations collected from local antique shops, to the mismatched tables, FARM has a style that is completely its own.  The restaurant is nestled into a line of buildings on Kirkwood off of Walnut, and is distinguished by the life size egg outside of their door.

farmbloomington

Photo by Katie Coyle

The name FARM isn’t just a coincidence. During the summer many all of the ingredients used in each dish are grown on FARM’s very own 60-acre farm in Princeton, Indiana, or bought locally in Bloomington. Even on the coldest days of the year FARM supports local farmers by serving Hoosier salad greens, basil, eggs, bacon, goat cheeses, pork, chicken, bison and beef. Want to take some of that local goodness home with you? No problem. FARM sells its very own condiments, jams, spices and maple syrup, which make the perfect addition to any cooks cabinet or ideal gift for loved ones.

farmbloomington

Photo by Katie Coyle

Speaking of gifts, FARM is currently selling gift baskets that are sure to please any foodie (hint, hint mom and dad). And don’t forget a FARMbloomington “Feed Bag” Gift Card to make the perfect present!

Now onto the most important part — the food. You know it’s going to be good when the owner and head chef, Daniel Orr, spent almost 20 years working restaurants in New York, the Caribbean, France and Belgium before returning to Indiana to open a restaurant of his own.

FARM has amazing appetizers and plates to share, but by far one of their best is the FARMfamous Garlic Fries, also known as “crack fries.” Although Chef Dan swears there isn’t actually crack in this amazing mix of parmesan, chili flakes, lemon zest, fresh herbs and garlic my tastebuds say otherwise. Served with an irresistible turmeric aioli, these fries are just addictive as their nickname suggests.

farmbloomington

Photo by Katie Coyle

If you’re in the mood for pizza (and let’s be honest, who isn’t in the mood for pizza), I recommend the Wild Bianca. Although all of the pizzas are great at FARM, this baby has white truffle oil, aka the ingredient to a perfect dish. On top of a perfectly crispy crust is an herb pesto, generous portion of ricotta (yesss), shitake, oyster mushrooms and, of course, that white truffle oil.

farmbloomington

Photo by Katie Coyle

Looking for something with bacon? Of course you are. The Lugar Burger is a must-have for any meat lover out there. Locally raised bison is spiced with a delicious cowboy espresso chili rub, cooked to perfection, placed in between two crispy, garlicky buns, topped with your choice of cheddar, goat or blue cheese, peppered bacon and served with FARM’s potato salad. This baby goes great with Bloomington’s own Upland Wheat Ale.

farmbloomington

Photo by Katie Coyle

Ladies, take your boyfriend here and recommend this burger, and he will love you forever. Actually, take anyone here and suggest this burger, and they will love you forever. Did I mention this burger was voted a “Food Network Fave?”

No FARM feast is complete without something sweet, and Chef Dan has no shortage of beautiful, tasty desserts. I tried the Keylime Pie and I have to say, it was one of the best Keylime pies I’ve ever had. The pie was creamy, and not overwhelming sweet or sour. Underneath that perfect pie was a buttery graham cracker crust that brought it all together.

farmbloomington

Photo by Katie Coyle

Missing mom’s home cooked meals? FARM has specials every night of the week that feature family faves like meatloaf, fried chicken, prime rib and more at student-friendly prices.

Love ramen? Who am I kidding, you’re in college. FARMbloomington will be importing ramen noodles from the famous Sun Noodles Company out East for Christmas Ramen Pop Up Restaurant at FARMbloomington. On Tuesday, December 23rd 2014 5pm -10pm. Kick off your holidays and keep the kitchen clean with a warm bowl of Noodles.

Choose from Turkey, Pork or Vegetarian Broth with Chef’s Choice of Vegetables and Herbs. Add ons include, Pork Belly, Duck, Pulled Turkey and Local Eggs. A special chef’s Prefix tasting menu of FARMbloomington Classic Winter Dishes will also be available as well as selected flatbreads and bar food. Call for reservations for this special evening at FARM. Stop in and reimagine your ramen.

FARMbloomington offers breakfast every Tuesday through Friday from 7 am to 11 am, brunch (booya!) every Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 3 pm, lunch every Tuesday through Friday from 11 am to 3 pm, afternoon “snackers” every Tuesday through Sunday from 3 pm to 5 pm and dinner every Tuesday through Sunday 5 pm to 10 pm.

After tasting some of FARM’s finest, all I can say is I’m so happy you came back to little ol’ Indiana, Chef Daniel.

Be sure to follow FARMbloomington on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date on all things FARM.

average

Location: 108 East Kirkwood Ave, Bloomington, IN 47408
Hours of Operation: Tuesday-Friday 7am-1opm, Saturday-Sunday 10am-10pm