On Saturdays and Sundays (and sometimes Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays), we are on a constant quest for good hangover breakfast food. Yes, Stella’s is great and Bruegers is also a solid option, but if you want to try something new, you should head to A La Mode.

Breakfast Sandwiches

Photo by Meghan Walsh

A La Mode, on South campus, is known for its sandwiches and salads, but last year they started selling breakfast sandwiches. And, let me tell you, they are incredible. There are four different breakfast sandwich options and all of them are $5.39 or less!

The Egg and Cheese: A simple option that is available on a croissant, English muffin or bagel.

The Egg, Cheese and Meat: This sandwich is essentially the “egg and cheese,” but with your choice of bacon, ham or sausage.

Breakfast Sandwiches

Photo by Meghan Walsh

The Veggie: My personal favorite. This sandwich consists of an egg, fresh mozzarella, roasted red peppers, field greens, avocado and basil pesto. I order it on a toasted everything bagel.

The Cure: This sandwich includes an egg, your choice of meat, American cheese and a hash brown on a grilled bagel. Yes, the hash brown patty is on the sandwich. It is the perfect hangover cure, hence its very appropriate name.

Breakfast Sandwiches

Photo by Meghan Walsh

You can also add a hash brown patty to the side of any order!

Hours of operation: Monday-Saturday 10AM-9PM, Sunday 11AM-9PM.

To see their full menu, head to alamodefoodandcatering.com. They also deliver!

For more breakfast ideas from Spoon University, check out:
Egg and Bacon McBiscuit 
The Cure to a Hangover: Perfect Egg Sandwiches 
Mini Bagel Breakfast Sliders