juicing assisstant

Photo courtesy of simplysmarterjuicing.com

I just got back from a month abroad in France and have been toying with the idea of a juice cleanse in attempt to counteract all the Brie and baguettes I gorged myself on for five weeks straight (not to mention the killer wines.) But after reading up about some of the detrimental effects of going on an all liquid diet (deteriorated metabolism, lack of energy to work out, loss of lean muscle, no chocolate), I’ve decided to juice in moderation, replacing one meal a day with some good ol’ liquidated kale. But even in moderation, juice can be highly caloric if you don’t pay attention.

juicing assisstant

Photo by Judy Holtz

That’s where the Juicing Assistant comes in. In a graphically pleasing animation, it calculates the calories in common juicing ingredients, like strawberries, spinach, celery and ginger. It even ranks your fruits and veggies within the categories of vitamins, energy, antioxidants and cleansing power to show you which contain the most of each health benefit. You drag and drop what you want into the machine and watch it chug away. It spits out the nutritional information of your concoction, including calories, sugars and carbs. It also includes a customized recipe with servings sizes adjusted accordingly to the number of kinds of ingredients, so can repeat your creation.

juicing assisstant

Photo by Judy Holtz

There’s also a large repertoire of recipes that lists juices ranging from 86 to 559 calories a serving to help you get more creative with your energy sources. So whether you’re going full-on juice fast or just mixing up a tall glass of green juice to go with your açaí bowl (you’re so trendy!), Juicing Assistant can help keep you from ruining your beach bod with juice (instead of properly, with apple pie and ice cream.)

Need some inspiration? Check out these juicy recipes.